Wednesday, June 13, 2007

We have arrived in Belize!!

YAY, WE MADE IT!! Sorry for not posting anything yesterday but we didn't get our bags until late last night which included our laptops! We were lost without connection to the world!

Oh, while we were running through the airport in Miami we ran into Dr. Ghen, he was on the same flight as us but he was in first class. He is a great guy all around and is definitely dedicated to getting Dad back to where he was. I am totally in awww of how nice ALL the staff here are. Everyone has lived up to the expectations I had.

We arrived at the clinic after a long road trip from Belize City at about 2 or 3 local time. When we arrived all the staff were waiting to greet us. I haven't seen a bigger smile on Dad's face until we arrived at the clinic. (don't tell him but it brought a tear to my eye!)

Dr. Ghen made the rounds last night and informed us Dad may be staying longer than anticipated. Not a problem since Cindy and Joe will be able to stay with him. Unfortunately I won't be able to stay but I know he will be ok in the hands he is in now.

They haven't decided if they will supress his immune system but will know once his blood work comes back, which will be today. His extended stay will also depend on his blood work so we will keep you updated when we hear anything new.

They weren't kidding when they said the connection here is spotty! Some emails are coming in however none are going out at the moment.

Dad has a roommate, Lynn, he is here for a booster. He was the guy Dad spoke to prior to coming to Eden and I think has a testimonial on Eden's website. Very nice guy and also dedicated to getting Dad's head in the right place. He seems to be beating the disease and will be definitely be a mental booster for Dad.

More later, Joe and I are going to get some local fare!

Love ya'll,

Tami, Joe, Cindy and of course Dad!

7 comments:

Traci Lee said...

I'm so glad to hear you all got there safe and sound. I know the trip was hard on Dad but it sounds like he will get the best care (mentally and physically) there!! With you Joe and Cindy by his side he can't go wrong.

I love you ALL and can't wait to hear more (Tami, you know I'll be checking every 15 mins. :).

Traci

Bev Willis said...

I, also, am very happy to hear you all made it OK. Looking forward to all the news . . . by the way . . . I promise I won't tell how happy you were to see how happy your Dad was to be back.

Hope you're feeling better too, Tami.

Love & BLESSINGS to all,

Bev

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you guys made it there safely. Waiting on more updates. Please let know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love Stephanie

Unknown said...

Dave

We're all still pulling hard for you back here at AMSEC. We're surviving, but we really miss your guidance and your friendship. You can count on us for continued prayers. We think and talk about you daily.

Scott

Unknown said...

So glad y'all made it to Belize safe and sound. I look forward to news every day. David, you are in my thoughts and prayers every minute of every day. I wish I could be there with you but know that I am always there in ,my heart. I love you. You have a wonderful rooting section with you and have many more here in the us of a. Thank Cindy for the slide show ofr you and your masseuse and others. It was gtood to see you. I am hoping to get to VA this summer to see you and Ma. I just need to get some time between Dr. appointments. Must go and finish supper for my better half.

Love to you, Cindy, Tami, and Joe.

dianne montalban said...

Glad to hear you all got their safely. You're in good hands now with your Dr's and nurses. They'll get those little "baby stem cells" into you and you'll feel better real soon. I think you just wanted to go back because of all those good looking nurses!!!. Cindy, keep a close eye on him! As always your in my thoughts and prayers. Love you all.

kim said...

what type of illness did you have? WE are looking into belize and need more information. thanks