Thursday, June 14, 2007

Day 3 of Trip 2

So its about 6:50am and I'm sitting at the hotel restaurant getting ready to do some homework. Joe is sleeping and Cindy left for the clinic an hour ago. She will hang out there with Dad until around 10am and come back with the driver who normally picks us up. Then her and I will go to San Pedro and do a little site seeing while Joe sticks with Dad. Apparently there is a flight that will take us there for pretty cheap...Joe won't go b/c its one of those 8 seater planes and thinks it'll crash. Pray for me!!

Great news! Dad is getting a transplant today. Cindy was waiting last night to talk to Dr. Ghen but the van left before he made his rounds and she needed to be on it to get back to the hotel but she called when she got back to the hotel. He did not know at that point whether or not Dad would be staying longer since his blood work had not come in yet.... :(

I did not hear this from Dr. Ghen but Joe did and said they were going to give him more stem cells than his first trip.

It seems that ALL the patients (5) this go round have ALS. I've seen all the patients except one and it seems this disease can attack you from different angles.

David and Traci....if you can make it, you guys really should try since he will be back. Meeting people with the disease teaches you alot about it, something the internet can't! The family members have their own stories and its nice to hear something familiar that nobody else can relate to.

Mom, the phone has not been shipped yet. I just got an email saying they have the order and will let me know the tracking number once it's shipped.

More later as I came out here to study and have been putting that off.

Love
Tami, Joe, Cindy and Dad!!

2 comments:

Dave Henshaw said...

Tami,

Thanks for posting the updates. There's a lot of people back home monitoring and sending prayers.

Dave,

Keep up the fight! We're with you all the way, and look forward to seeing you when you return.

Dave H.

MommaMea said...

Hey there,

I'm glad all of you had a safe trip! I can't wait to hear how these treatments have furthered your fight with this disease. I have no doubt that this will be another successful visit! Take care and I'll be thinking of all of you. Oh and Tami...stop talking and snapping pics and DO YOUR HW! lol

Love to all,
Ryan Slocum