Tuesday, June 19, 2007

We're home!

We are back from wonderful Eden. We miss it already!
Dave had a wonderful Fathers Day but missed his children. He went outside lathered in natural insect repellant for 15 minutes. His first time outside all week. The water was the prettiest color! It is prettier some days than others, depending on the winds and currents.

We left on Monday but didn't get home til today(Tuesday). Almost all of the staff came out to see us off. I wish I had had my camera ready.It was a beautiful send off. Dave's nurse, Kenny, came along in the van for the ride to the airport. He took good care of David on the ride there. He even gave him a massage! Boy did he get spoiled at Eden.

We got stuck on the plane for 2 extra hours because the airport in Miami was closed due to storms. Then we got stuck in Baggage Claim and couldn't leave til we cleared customs. The ramp was closed for an additional 2 hours. We missed our flight to Norfolk and had to stay overnight. Luckily we had been upgraded to first class and had eaten at 2 (Belize time) because we didn't eat again til midnight. Dave fell asleep and didn't eat. He was exhausted.

We are hoping for good results from this booster. Dave's vision improved, blood work improved and breathing improved- all in the short time we were there.

Love to all and thank you for your prayers and support. Pray that the Lord will lift Dave's spirits and guide those stem cells to do his will, which is always to heal his children.
Cindy

7 comments:

Tami said...

Dad, now all you need to do is continue what you were doing and in due time you will be walking around like Lynn. And we (family AND friends) will all be there to get you to that point. Anything you need or want let us know and we will be there to get it done. You are everyone's number one priority so get used to it!

I love you
T-Rose

Unknown said...

Dave and Cindy,
Welcome home, sounds like quite a trip. Your other family at AMSEC echos Tami's comments and wishes; we are here for you and you are in our thoughts and prayers constantly.

Charlie and Chris

Bev Willis said...

Glad you all got back OK . . . sounds like "large & growlly bear" time at the airport ! ! !

We are here to help with whatever it is you need. You have an incredibly resource in all the family & friends available to help . . . USE US ! ! !

Love & Blessings, Bev

MommaMea said...

Welcome home! I'm so glad you had a safe trip and I'm sure your happy to be home. Now its time to let the healing begin. Do what all the doctors and nurses instructed you to do and everything else will fall into place. I think of you and your family everyday and your so blesses to have all of these people behind you...TAKE ADVANTAGE!!! ha ha

Love to all,
Ryan Slocum

susantarlton said...

Hi Dave, I am planning on a trip to Eden for the procedure in August. I would love to discuss this with you. Where do you live? PLease contact me at starlton@charter.net or 828-322-5757. Thanks, Susan Tarlton
HICKORY,NC

Terry Catucci said...

One month later, how are you doing? My husband has ALS and we're interested in trying the treatment.

Terry
terrycatucci@verizon.net

Unknown said...

Hi Cindy.
This is Fernanda from Eden Laboratories (lab). I was looking for your email adress, but I couldn't find. So, I decided to put my message here in the blog.
I just want to say that I'm really sorry about Mr. Dave. As you know, we had a lot of expectations based on our previous and present results. But we are working really hard to continue in our major goal of giving people hope and good lifestyle.

Hope you and your family are doing good. Say "hi" to Joe for me.

All my best,
Fernanda :)